News & Commentary
OUR MISSION STATEMENT:
Decatur Cooperative Association was formed May 5th, 1953. We are a member-owned cooperative with 8 locations in 3 counties throughout the Northwest region of Kansas and 1 location in Southwest Nebraska.
A concrete elevator was completed in 1958, flat storage was added in 1965 and condo bins in 1986. Decatur Cooperative Association purchased Kanona in 1970 and built Jennings in 1978. In 2001 Decatur Cooperative Association acquired additional storage in Jennings by acquiring the neighboring facilities. Danbury was acquired in 1993, and Herndon and Ludell in 1997. In 2008, Decatur Cooperative made several additions. Elevators were purchased in Oberlin (Lohefner Grain) and Norcatur. A 300,000 bushel facility was built in Danbury, Nebraska and a 700,000 bushel bunker was built in Oberlin. In June 2009, Lenora and Edmond Elevators were purchased.