The Board of Directors of the Decatur Cooperative Association has established four annual monetary scholarships to assist the children of members of the Decatur Cooperative in achieving continued education above the high school level.
- The applicant must be a child of a member of the Decatur Cooperative Association.
- Students must be a graduate of an area high school.
- The applicant must have a 2.5 or above G.P.A. for all schoolwork above grade eight.
- The scholarships will be merit based.
- Shows respect for the students and citizens of the school and community.
- Respects both public and private property.
- Demonstrates leadership through active participation in school and community activities.
- Shows reverence and concern for life.
- Has demonstrated a desire to achieve excellence by good school attendance.
*Any interested students that will or have graduated from area high schools who feel they qualify by meeting the above criteria are encouraged to apply.
SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS (4):
- The scholarship is for $1,000 each.
- Will send a check to the student or the school after registration with proof of enrollment.
- The scholarships awarded are for one year and can be reapplied for.
- The scholarship winner will be determined by a scholarship committee consisting of members of the Decatur Cooperative Association chosen by the Board of Directors with representation from all areas.
- Recipients will be announced at the annual meeting.
**DEADLINE FOR APPLYING**
**Must be turned in to the Oberlin office by 5:00 p.m. on April 1st.**